What makes our Year 7 program unique?
- The Pastoral Care of younger students as they move into the Secondary School environment
- Our understanding of the individual development needs of early adolescent learners and supporting the transition to high school
- Quality relationships with staff, students and the St Ursula's College Community
- Education by core teaching teams of specialists working collaboratively and employing teaching strategies to challenge and extend students within a safe and supportive learning environment.
All of our Students will:
- Receive a MacBook Air as part of our 1-to-1 Laptop Program
- Be a member of a small Pastoral Care group made up of students in Years 7 - 12, which is a valued and important aspect of life at St Ursula's. It underpins all we do both within the classroom and outside and is about quality relationships, nurturing the hopes of our students and sharing our stories
- Have access to new 21st century learning spaces that are flexible, student centred environments that provide access to the latest technology
- Have access to specialist rooms including science laboratories, dance rooms, media and arts facilities and home economics kitchen.
Our College offers:
- A boarding community that seeks to provide an environment in which each girl is nurtured, supported, cared for and offered opportunities in a 'home like' residential community.
- A global Ursuline network, where we have established connections with schools, colleges and educational institutions across the world with whom we can participate in sister school exchanges, educational partnerships, and other global learning experiences throughout the year
- "Serviam - I Will Serve" underpins much of the teaching and learning at St Ursula's College. Each student learns how to contribute responsibly to her own transformation and to that of society
- Access to an extensive sporting program including a multitude of team and individual sporting activities that allow the student to discover ways of leading healthy and active lives and to reach their full potential
- A first-class music program including our Instrumental Immersion program being launched in 2015 and facilities including soundproof studios, access to a wide range of instruments, full-staging capabilities, private tutors and opportunities to perform in productions, assemblies, eisteddfods and more
- Creative thinking, reflection, problem solving and expressive dynamic production in Film, Television and New Media, and Visual Arts which are an integral part of the learning process
For a copy of our Year 7 Subject Selection Handbook or for further information on our Year 7 program, please contact Mrs Jodi Blades, our Head of Year 7 on 07 4632 7611 or email JLB@st-ursula.qld.edu.au