One of the strategic priorities for the College is focusing on building stronger connection with our community. To realise this goal, we have been evaluating our current methods of communication. This has involved a process of consultation through a school-wide survey (completed pre-2018) and more recently, discussion with our College P & F and through the Principal-led 150 Conversations.
To this end, we have:
* refined the current newsletter. This newsletter is now sent out fortnightly and highlights a range of student achievements across subjects and will always report back on learning, mission and identity, wellness and boarding news. The newsletter can also be accessed via our website;
* developed a new communication publication called “In, Out and About”. This publication is a brief publication that lists upcoming dates, events and venues under Year groups to support busy families that need a quick summary of what is happening in, out and about the College. It will be released every alternate week to the newsletter and identifies events/activities over a two-week cycle;
* refined the College App, now including a calendar of events and activities to help you keep in touch. I encourage you to download the app to your digital device. For Apple devices click here. For Android devices click here.
* improved communication of events and activities over Facebook with a focus on life at the College. Our Facebook posts focus on the broad achievements of students, past and present. I encourage you to “like” and “share” these posts with your friends and families and
* begun the process of refreshing our website which we will launch next term.
I hope these recent developments better improve how we communicate and engage with our College families and wider community beyond the school gate.