Academic Scholarships are Now Open
This year the College will be offering a number of full academic Scholarships for students.
Scholarships may be awarded to young women who excel, or have the potential to excel, in academic disciplines for girls entering Year 7 for 2019 and 2020. The Scholarship Program of the College is based on application and academic merit. It is a mandatory requirement to sit the St Ursula’s College Scholarship Examination.
• Full tuition fees for up to two years.
Scholarships do not cover:
• Uniforms, subject levies, P&F levy and co-curricular activities.
Applications are open to:
Year 6 girls entering Year 7 in 2019
• Academic Scholarships for students currently in Year 6 who have already enrolled in Year 7 at St Ursula’s College for 2019 OR
• Prospective students not yet enrolled at the College for 2019.
Year 5 girls entering Year 7 in 2020
• Academic Scholarship for students currently in Year 5 who have already enrolled in Year 7 for 2020 OR
• Prospective not yet enrolled at the College for 2020.
Cost for sitting the St Ursula’s Scholarship Examination
The cost is $50 non-refundable paid by 3.30pm on Thursday 29 November 2018.
Cash with application or credit card at College Reception.
The application process requires three steps.
Step 1 – Complete the Application Form and return it to the College complete with copies of birth certificate, school reports for the past 2 years, NAPLAN results and any other evidence (see below) to support the application before 3.30pm on Thursday 29 November 2018. Please secure these documents together with a staple in a plastic sleeve.
Step 2 - Pay your $50 non-refundable payment which will secure your daughter a place for the examination.
Step 3 - Confirmation of Application
Families will receive a confirmation email from Ms Meg Coles to ensure that all steps have successfully been completed prior to the examination date. Failure to receive the confirmation email means that one of the steps has not been followed. This means that your daughter’s application to sit for the examination cannot progress.
NB: Please note that copies of the documents and plastic sleeves will not be returned to applicants.
Assessment of Scholarship Applications
Each application is assessed on the following:
• Academic Performance (both school-based and on the St Ursula’s College Scholarship Examination)
• Evidence of school reports for the past two years and NAPLAN results and any other examination results such as ICAS Test results.
Minimum eligibility criteria:
• sitting St Ursula’s College Scholarship Examination on Saturday 1 December, 2018 at 9am for a 9.30am start;
• shortlisted students and their families will attend an interview with the Principal on Sunday 2 December, 2018;
• student must be enrolled at the College or will enrol at the College on successful appointment of the Scholarship and
• student is an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia.
Successful Scholarship recipients must:
• demonstrate commitment to the academic and/or co-curricular life of the College;
• sustain high academic results for the duration of the Scholarship;
• commit to the ‘Serviam’ motto (I will serve);
• maintain consistent attendance;
• adherence to all aspects of the Student Code of Behaviour, Information Technology Use and College Uniform Policy;
• engage in a regular mentorship program with the College Principal for the duration of the Scholarship and
• parents and the College will sign a confidentiality non-disclosure agreement regarding the Scholarship.
A Scholarship may be immediately revoked by the Principal should the student be found to not abide by the
rules identified above.
In the event of cancellation of a Scholarship, an appeal may be made in writing to the Principal outlining the reasons for appeal.
Duration of Scholarship
Scholarships are awarded for up to two years.
Access to Scholarship Funds
The Scholarship amount is not paid by any means to the student or parent/guardian. The monies are credited against the fees charged.
Applications can be submitted in two ways:
• Hand delivered to College Reception, 38 Taylor Street, Toowoomba;
• Interstate or country families may email their documents to Meg Coles –
By no later than 3.30pm on Thursday 29 November 2018.